Exotic flavors are always welcome in my kitchen, especially if mingled with classic Mediterranean ingredients.
To cook the squid, in a pot filled with water, taken off heat as soon as it boils add:
1. Squid, preferably fresh, 1 large pc, cleaned and cut into thin strips
and blanch for 3 minutes until just cooked. Drain.
For the sauce whisk together in a bowl:
2. Fish sauce, 2 tbsp
3. Lime juice, 2 tbsp
4. Brown (or palm) sugar, 1 tsp
5. Red Chili, finely chopped, 2 pcs
For the salad, in a bowl mix:
6. Fresh Mint leaves, 2 cups
7. Fresh Coriander leaves, 2 cups.
8. Kaffir lime leaves, cut in thin strips, a handful
9. Lemongrass, trimmed of outer hard layers and cut very finely, 3 stalks
(Being in Greece, I keep lime leaves and lemongrass frozen, and handle straight from the freezer).
Dress salad and place on a dish, top with the squid and garnish with:
10. Toasted cashews, or other nut of choice.