OK, in its complete form this mingled salad is utterly delicious in a very unexpected way. But keto's can skip raisins, vegetarians can skip the bacon and it will still be a complete, healthy, nutritious meal. Apart from the bacon, there is no other cooking involved, and also you can add left-over cooked rice as wellI for some carbs.
In a bowl, mingle:
1. Broccoli, 1 medium pc, very very finely cut. Raw broccoli can be unpleasant to bite into if the pieces are large, so use your finest knife skills, or if needed a food processor.
2. Grated kohlrabi, 1 cup
3. Pine nuts, toasted, 2 tbsp, or more. Honestly I would say as much as you would like, and this also goes for the rest of the ingredients.
4. Onion, 1 medium pc, finely chopped in thin strips, or cubes if you prefer, although for salads I find the texture of a thin strip a lot more pleasant and discrete.
5. Raisins, 2 tbsp
6. Bacon, 4 pcs, crispy and roughly cut
For the dressing, in a bowl whisk together:
7. Mayonnaise, 100 gr
8. Buttermilk, 100 gr
9. Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 tsp
10. Salt, 1/4 tsp
Mix well with the rest of the ingredients and sprinkle:
11. Freshly ground black pepper